I've posted a copy of the challenge below as an image, but you can find a printable pdf copy of the challenge HERE, if you are interested.
So far I've managed to tick off the following:
- Read a book out loud to someone else: I read "The 12 Days of Christmas" to my 3 year old cousin.
- Read a middle grade novel: "The Strange Case of the Origami Yoda" by Tom Angleberger
- Read a book under 100 pages: "The Sleeper and the Spindle" by Neil Gaiman
- "Cress" by Marissa Meyer counts as dystopian/post-apocalyptic novel AND is also a book over 500 pages long!
Here are some books that I'm thinking of reading but haven't started yet:
- Read a horror book: Bazaar of Bad Dreams by Stephen King
- Read a collection of essays: Refund: Stories by Karen Bender
- Biography: Frida (This could also count as a book that was adapted into a movie)
- Read a book about a person that identifies as transgender: Becoming Nicole
- Read a book of historical fiction set before 1900: Northanger Abbey or Wurthering Heights
- Read a non-superhero comic that debuted in the last 3 years: The Wicked + The Divine
- Read a nonfiction book about feminist themes: Lean In
- Read a book about politics: No Place to Hide: Edward Snowden
- Read a book with a main character that has a mental illness: The Rosie Project
I'm looking forward to working on this challenge and am having fun getting friends and coworkers involved with it as well! Happy reading!